Revisions to TRAC guidance
The following changes to the Consolidated TRAC Guidance have been approved by the Financial Sustainability Strategy Group (FSSG) and/or the TRAC Development Group.
Updates to TRAC guidance – approved by the TRAC Development Group September 2011:
- Update 6 – September 2011 – Return for Financing and Investment – This update covers the changes to the RFI adjustment; treatment of impairment costs in the Infrastructure adjustment; clarifications over using the time allocation percentage weighted for salaries for calculating the Research FTE, TRAC return sign off and review requirements; compliance requirements for new/merged HEIs or those coming out of dispensation; and requirement for confirming non-compliance with TRAC requirements.
- Annex 15 (now called CONS-9a and CONS-9b) has been updated to accompany the release of Update 6.
Updates to TRAC guidance – approved by the TRAC Development Group 26 April 2010:
- Update 5 – April 2010 – Other updates - This update covers updates on understanding sustainability and the RFI adjustment; the reporting of block grant research income; reporting of PGR research sponsor-type and some other updates and reminders.
- Update 4 – April 2010 – Academic time allocation - This update covers changes to the TRAC requirements on academic staff time allocation including the introduction of new definitions and methods in time allocation and a requirement for robustness at research sponsor-type level.
Updates to TRAC guidance – approved by the TRAC Development Group on 9 October 2009:
- Update 3 – October 2009 – updates fEC project costing - This update contains new requirements relating to quality assurance, time sheets for DI staff and indexation of charge-out rates. It also sets out methods institutions could use to comply with the TRAC requirement to compare academic staff time and costs that come into effect at the end of 2009.
- Update 2 – October 2009 – Key risk sign-off - This update contains a new (one-off) requirement applicable for annual TRAC reporting on 2008-09, to be returned by 29 January 2010.
- Update 1 – October 2009 – QAV report actions - This update provides a comprehensive list of technical issues that are being taken forward by the TRAC Development Group.
Updates to TRAC guidance – approved by the FSSG and/or TRAC Development Group:
The following changes to the Consolidated TRAC Guidance have been approved by the BUFDG Costing and Pricing Group and the Funding Councils:
The following changes to the Consolidated TRAC Guidance were approved by the BUFDG Costing and Pricing Group on 16 June 2006, and by the Funding Councils. These changes should be followed by all institutions for reporting their costs and income for 2005-06 (by 31 January 2007) and in preparing their indirect cost rates and estates rates for research using that data (by 1 February 2007) and in subsequent years. Clarifications to methods for forecasting TRAC fEC project costs should be applied immediately.
The changes are set out in the following documents and spreadsheets: